May 20, 2008

>Our lady of the forests church / Iglesia de nuestra señora de los bosques



This pictures were taken in Aguascalientes, a clean and organized small city in the center-north of Mexico. I was driving to or from the school of some cousins when I went past it. I had to stop and go see it. Look at the sobriety plain concrete expresses, and the difference with other times' churches, like the Gothic. It also reminds me of the sobriety of Romanesque churches. The past returns to the future, fashion repeats itself. I love it that if not by the cross or religious symbols, you could know not that it is a church. From some angles, you have no idea what it is. It could be a structure from ancient Egypt, a II WW cannon fort, a building from the distant future, or from another world. 9/03 AGS INSDLB serie. L R

No comments: