April 17, 2008

*Everything goes back to you / Todo vuelve a ti

Todo vuelve a ti
Tus imagines, el pensamiento de ti.
Yo me detengo, busco,
observo, admiro,
revoloteo con las mujeres,
¡todas se parecen a ti!
Me ocupo, trabajo, escribo, estudio,
me distraigo como mariposa a mediodía
pero todo vuelve a ti.
Aunque mis fotos no lo digan.
"Todo vuelve a ti", PR 10/06


Can you guess how is this picture composed? It is not an effect, it's not manipulated.
I am standing on the street, in front of a fashion store, in Venezia. The woman is inside the store. I fall in love with her. She is a model, inside the display window. A poster. From were I stand, you can see her: inside, quiet, inquisitive, enticing, beautifull. Then the window, and on it you see my reflection in first plane, then the people passing behind me, on various planes, and then the building opposite the store on another plane. So many layers. For a moment I felt like a fashion photographer. First I took the picture just because I liked the girl. But it turned out full of meaning: It is a metaphor to express how women are part of our lives. Anytime, anywhere, whatever we are doing... there they appear, there they are, inevitably, inseparable, necessary, in our minds: like a paragon of attraction: distracting, seducing, outrageous, overwhelming, filling space with beauty. What a picture! P.S: A copy is resting on the headboard of poet José Cedeño.
09/05 Venezia serie. L R

No comments: