July 18, 2008

> Helmut Newton and a friend / Helmut Newton y un amigo


I love picturing mirrors. It's as if things look different seen through them, always as if things changed color, or place. Even looking into the rear view mirror while driving, or stopped at a traffic light, it all seems more interesting, in a different light, as if seen through a video camera, like a movie. This pictures are Helmut Newton like, taken with another subject, my friend M. He is the subject, I am the observer, my camera is the witness. Or he is the object, the camera the subject, and I the action. All framed by a real frame: a painting, art. Watch the first photo below, in it at the bottom to the right, looks like there is a small moustached man in black appearing like a ghost in the picture. It is not. 10/03 Casa M. serie. L R

No comments: